How to dispose of your books
Small volumes of books in good condition can be donated to the many charity shops around Westminster or you could try using a site like www.readitswapit.co.uk or www.bookmooch.com where you can swap your old books for someone else’s.
You can also bring books to the mobile recycling centre or to one of the 9 book recycling bins found at the following locations:
- Paddington Street, W1U 4JT (outside Paddington Street Gardens)
- Inverness Terrace, W2 6JA (by entrance to Hallfield Estate)
- Moscow Road, W2 4JS (outside LEB substation)
- Warwick Avenue, W9 2PT(By Tube Station)
- Elgin Avenue (junction with Maida Vale)
- Aberdeen Place, W9 1AE (junction with Cunningham Street)
- Acacia Road, NW8 6DN (outside St John’s Wood Station)
- Wellington Place, NW8 7PB (near public toilet)
- Erasmus Street, SW1P 4HX (Junction with Cureton Street)
The books are collected by the charity READ International to fund new book provision in Tanzania, those books that are damaged or unsaleable are recycled.
For large volumes of books please order a bulky waste collection via 020 76416180.